Mary’s Hygiene services
* Assessing which disease process you have and explaining it to you fully
* Scaling and polishing teeth, with local anesthesia if required
* Bad breath issues
* Removal of stains on teeth
* Whitening teeth
* Maintaining a high level of healthy tissue around your implants
* Examines soft tissues for any concerns
* Dietary counselling
* Smoking cessation counselling
* Educate correct home care techniques with the right products for you
* Assess your overall health in relation to your general health
* Advise on interactions with medications and your mouth
* Refer if necessary to Orthodontist, Periodontist or Oral Surgeon, or any relevant specialist
* Treatment for all ages and all stages of life
Why use a Dental Hygienist?
Your mouth is an area that’s completely different from your entire body, but is also connected, by causing issues in your entire body if the mouth is not healthy. This unique environment requires special care.
At the Dental Hygiene Clinic we first assess your soft tissue and checking for any unpleasant mouth odours along with how much staining, plaque and calculus you have.
Gum disease is when your body’s immune system is responding to plaque formation with inflamed and bleeding gums. The immune system response is successful at killing off invaders as long as you are maintaining your home care correctly. As gum disease progresses, so does the destruction to your bone and tissues in your mouth.
That’s why preventing gum disease reduces risk of stroke, heart disease, and dementia.